Blog Postings

The postings will be introductions to each of my life lists. The lists themselves will appear in the side margin. I shall do some postings about particular localities and there will also be postings to provide updates every time I add a new species.
Please note that I am not qualified in any aspect of natural history - there will therefore be occasional (or, apparently, in the case of the hoverflies, a lot of) errors.

Tuesday 9 September 2008

Volucella inanis

 

9th September 2008 - A fairly spectacular hoverfly landed briefly in the garden at Frog End while Helen and I were out there. It turned out to be Volucella inanis. Sadly I didn't get a photo so although it took my total up to 52 species I only have photos of 51 of them.
The photo is by Ray Hamblett
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    It would be very interesting to have full details of your record of Volucella inanis for the Hoverfly Recording Scheme - if it is from the Wirral then it is especially interesting.

    See www.hoverfly.org.uk and go to maps

    Regards

    Roger Morris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regrettably - from the recording point of view - it was in South Devon. SX 951 937

    ReplyDelete

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).