Blog Postings

The postings will be introductions to each of my life lists. The lists themselves will appear in the side margin. I shall do some postings about particular localities and there will also be postings to provide updates every time I add a new species.
Please note that I am not qualified in any aspect of natural history - there will therefore be occasional (or, apparently, in the case of the hoverflies, a lot of) errors.

Thursday 18 September 2008

Amphibians


Of the five species of frog, toad and newt that I have seen I have only photographed four - the exception being the Natterjack Toad. Although I have seen a number of these at the end of the Fisherman’s Path at Ainsdale I never got a photo. Both Common Frog and Smooth Newt live in the garden at The Willows and we also had a Common Toad at Yew Tree. Palmate Newts swarmed in the pond at the caravan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).