Blog Postings

The postings will be introductions to each of my life lists. The lists themselves will appear in the side margin. I shall do some postings about particular localities and there will also be postings to provide updates every time I add a new species.
Please note that I am not qualified in any aspect of natural history - there will therefore be occasional (or, apparently, in the case of the hoverflies, a lot of) errors.

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Raft Spider



I haven't kept my life list of spiders very up to date so I'm not sure this is complete but I have seen and photographed the following:-
Araneus diadematus Garden Spider
Araniella cucurbitina
Arctosa perita
Argiope bruennichi
Wasp Spider
Clubonia corticalis
Clubonia Sp.
Enoplagnatha ovata
Hyposinga albovittata
Larinoides cornutus
Lepthyphantes minutus
Meta sp.
Misumena vatia
Nuctenea umbratica
Pachygnatha degeeri
Pardosa amentata
Pardosa pullata
Philodromus sp.
Pirata latitans
Pisaura mirabilis
Salticus senicus
Zebra Spider
Scotophaeus blackwalli
Segestria senoculata
Steatoda bipunctata
Tegenaria domestica
House Spider
Tegenaria duellica
Theridion pallens
Theridion sisyphium
Theridion varians
Xysticus cristatus
Zelotes Sp.
Zygiella x-notata


At Chudleigh Knighton Heath on 2nd May 2009 I added the Raft Spider Dolomedes fimriatus. This is the same place I saw Argiope bruennichi - the Wasp Spider - in 2007 so it has proved a good spot for spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).