Blog Postings

The postings will be introductions to each of my life lists. The lists themselves will appear in the side margin. I shall do some postings about particular localities and there will also be postings to provide updates every time I add a new species.
Please note that I am not qualified in any aspect of natural history - there will therefore be occasional (or, apparently, in the case of the hoverflies, a lot of) errors.

Saturday 11 April 2009

Birds in the Garden



The total number of birds seen in the garden is a bit of a grey area since I have never recorded them until today. I sat down and did a list from memory but there may be species I have missed. One thing for certain is that the male Siskin that was on the Niger seed feeder today was a first. Well spotted, Jo. We saw plenty of them at the caravan but we have not seen one here before.

1 comment:

  1. siskins are always a joy to have in the garden. This one could be possibly be breeding nearby? Thanks for pointing me in the direction of your garden blog and for commenting on mine.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).